The next board meeting will take place online on: March 18, 2021, 10:00 AM.
The Zoom link for this meeting is emailed out to homeowners by the management about a week prior to the meeting.
All homeowners are welcome to and encouraged to join the meetings. The number and agenda is usually emailed to all homeowners about 1 week before the meeting, but please contact HOA management if you don't get the email.
HOA Security Patrol is available at the following numbers:
760 564 2738 (Fernando Street Entrance)
760 564 5414 (Mazatlan / Eisenhower Street Entrance)
Entry to the pools is by a code lock:
Press 4, 2, 3, 1, then open door
The monthly dues for each Tennis Villa are $575 per month (as of January 1, 2021), due on the 1st of each month.
Payments are payable to the "La Quinta Tennis Villas Owners Association" and should be sent to:
La Quinta Tennis Villas HOA
c/o Albert Management
P.O. Box 98175
Phoenix, AZ 85038-0175
Please contact Albert Management Inc. for any questions, or to set up automatic electronic payments.
The following main items ARE the responsibility of the HOA (See Artivle VII, section 7.1 of the CC&Rs for further clarification):
- Fire and earthquake insurance
- Roof repair and maintenance
- Exterior stucco repair and maintenance / painting (not garages and front doors)
- Santa Rosa Cove gate house charges / security patrol
- Landscaping around Villas
- Pest control of exterior areas
- Pool and hot tub maintenance, cleaning and heating
- Common area repairs
- HOA management company
- Hardscape repair and maintenance
- Landscaping replacement defined as: "The replacement of trees or other vegetation and the planting of trees, shrubs and ground cover upon any portion of Common Area."
- "The repair, reconstruction, replacement, or refinishing of the Improvements located within or constructed on Common Area as necessary in accordance with the original design, finish or standard of construction of such Improvement, including all roofs, gutters, downspouts, exterior walls and structural components of the Condominium buildings and those areas of the pipes, ducts, wires, cables and other utility equipment and installations, wherever located, that serve more than one Unit."
- "The periodic structural repair, resurfacing, sealing, caulking, replacement or painting of the Restricted Common Areas of the Units, that is, the patios and decks appurtenant to the respective Units, including side walls and rails, so long as such repair, replacement or painting is not required due to the willful or negligent acts of the Owner, his family members, guests, tenants or invitees."
- Hardscape defined as: "The construction, reconstruction, replacement, refinishing of the walks, private driveways, and other means of ingress and egress within the Property, except for streets that are the responsibility of others pursuant to the Street Agreement."
The following items ARE NOT the responsibility of the HOA (See section 7.2 of the CC&Rs for further clarification):
- Trash service is Monday mornings and is supplied by the City of La Quinta and paid for through your property tax bill. Please do not put your trash out before sunset on Sundays.
- Repair and replacement of front doors and garage doors
- Repair and replacement of glass windows & glass doors
- Heating and central air conditioning unit and compressor serving the owned Unit, and the pad supporting the air conditioning compressor, wherever located.
- "The equipment and fixtures in the Unit, the pipes, ducts, wires, cables, condensation lines and other utility equipment and installations, wherever located, that exclusively serve that owned Unit, the interior walls, ceilings, windows and doors of the owned Unit, and the exterior doors, screens and/or window frames, and related hardware of the Unit, in a clean, sanitary, workable, and attractive condition. Each Owner shall also be responsible for the landscaping and maintenance of the landscaping located within the Owner’s Restricted Common Areas. Each Owner has complete discretion as to the choice of furniture, furnishings, and interior decorating, except that windows can be covered only by drapes, shutters, or shades and cannot be painted or covered by foil, cardboard, or other similar materials. Each Owner also shall be responsible for repair, replacement and cleaning of the windows and glass of his or her Unit, both exterior and interior."
Please click on the links below for governing documents of the HOA:
LQTVs CC&Rs (Scanned PDF final version)
LQTVs CC&Rs (PDF version, text searchable)
LQTVs CC&Rs (Microsoft Word format)
LQTV's Rules and Regulations (last Updated November 1, 2016)
LQTVs Original CC&Rs (Recorded September 7, 1984)
Architectural Application Form
Original sales Brochure from circa 1984
La Quinta Resort Homes - Floor Plans & Marketing Materials from Developer, 1980s
La Quinta Tennis Villas Map with Addresses
As of September 1, 2018, the landscaping is professionally maintained by Vintage Landscape.
The pools are professional maintained by KAPS. For emergencies, they are available at 760-636-1502. Please funnel non-emergency requests through HOA management.
Garage (and Exterior) Doors:
Each owner is responsible for the maintenance, repair (and replacement if needed) of all of their exterior doors (front (wood), garage (steel), sliding (glass) and for some Villas also exterior water cabinets. All exterior doors (except the glass doors) have historically been painted by the HOA when all Villas are painted, every 8-10 years or so (April 2004, July 2012). Any material repairs which can not be resolved by routine painting, do need however to be taken care of by individual homeowners. If you would like to replace your garage door, or if you have been gently reminded by the HOA that you should replace your garage door ASAP, these are the specifications of the garage doors:
- Size/Type /Design: 16' X 7', flush 4 panel, steel frame, insulated garage door
- Paint: Spartashield Semi Gloss, La Quinta Hotel Blue. Available at Dunn-Edwards in Bermuda Dunes, at 78078 Country Club Drive at Washington (by the I-10), (760) 360 8269. (Owners need to have the garage door painted at their expense when the door is replaced.)
In 2017, some garage door vendors were contacted to give a quote for replacement and painting of the garage doors. His contact information and link to his quote is below. The HOA does not guarantee his work or competitive pricing, but gathered these quotes for your convenience.
- Rolando Padron, 760 861 0405, firstname.lastname@example.org - (Installation and Painting for ~ $1,500 as of Sept 2017)
- Brad's Garage Door Service, Brad Blythe, 760 218 7286, email@example.com
Glass Doors and Windows
All upkeep, repair and replacement required for the glass doors and windows of the Villas are the responsibility of the individual homeowner. Any replacement of the glass windows and doors need to be done in style, color and exterior look which is the same as current. Please check with the HOA management if you have any questions. In March 2017, two separate vendors were contacted to give quotes for replacement and repair of the glass doors and windows. The following is their contact information. The HOA does not guarantee their work or pricing, but gathered their details and met with them for your convenience.
- Gus GA Glazing, (760) 485-5912
- Indian Wells Glass and Mirror, Aaron Seuss, 760 779 0340, firstname.lastname@example.org
- California Window and Door, Craig Baumgartner, 760 773 1053, email@example.com
The exterior painting of the Tennis Villas are maintained by the HOA and has most recently been painted in September 2012.
If you would like to touch up areas of your exterior in compliance with the HOA's CC&Rs, the official paints for the Tennis Villas are available at Dunn-Edwards in Bermuda Dunes, at 78078 Country Club Drive at Washington (by the I-10), (760) 360 8269. The paints are as follows:
Exterior Stucco - Spartashield Flat, Swiss Coffee
Beams - Spartashield Flat, DEC712 Briar
Rails - Spartashield Semi Gloss, Swiss Coffee
Blue Garage and Front Doors- Spartashield Semi Gloss, La Quinta Hotel Blue
All such material and work needs to be paid for by individual homeowners, and may not be reimbursed by the HOA without prior approval. If you would like any clarification, please contact the HOA Property Manager.